Saturday, October 7, 2023

LSSL 5391 Cartoons and Comics

 





Fotojet


 
  • Fotojet was easy to use but does not offer enough content to create a comic.  Once the comic was created, it was very easy to download.  I feel like students in upper grade levels would be able to create comics using this website but would require more time and exploration.  

 


Pixton

Pixton is so much fun!  I really enjoyed creating the comic.  Comics are very easy to create and it offers a great variety of backgrounds, characters, and much more.  As for downloading the final product, it did ask to subscribe for a price.  This would be a great way to get students to create their own comics.  I would definitely recommend this app to colleagues and would find a way to get it funded for students to use.  




Make Beliefs Comix


  • Make Beliefs Comix was easy to use.  I was also able to save it with no issues.  I feel like there was enough variety to make an interesting comic and students would be able to use it.  I liked how the site offers story starters that could help teachers create assignments. 



  • Creating comics could help students in many ways.  I would share ideas with teacher-colleagues which could be used in both the classroom and the library.  I would share the different online apps and websites that offer these types of services.  We could create comics together during a planning session, so that I may guide them and answer any questions.  I would also use this type of activity during a lesson at the library.  After reading a story to the students, I would ask them to create a comic answering a prompt that I would provide for them. Comics can be used in numerous ways and can be very beneficial to the student. 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda,
    I like your idea to share these apps with your teacher-colleagues, and to work with them creating comics during planning and preparation time. Also, your idea to use these comic creation apps with prompts following story readings is a great one! Thank you for your great post! On a side note, if you get a chance to check your SHSU email, I sent you information regarding our group assignment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! I'm glad you pointed out some of the things that did not work as we need to know those as well!

    ReplyDelete